Court of Protection & Deputyship

Court of Protection & Deputyship

If you lose mental capacity and do not have an LPA in place, the Court of Protection steps in to protect and empower you.  The Court of Protection can appoint a Deputy to support and manage your affairs.  Unlike an Attorney acting under an LPA, a Deputy must report to the Office of the Public Guardian and provide annual financial reports. 

A Deputy can be a trusted family member or friend.  Alternatively, a professional Deputy can be appointed through the Court of Protection. 

Our Forces Law Members can advise you on:

  • Becoming a Court of Protection Deputy 
  • Appointing a professional Court of Protection Deputy
  • Contesting applications to the Court of Protection
  • Personal Injury Trust Funds or Compensation Protection Trusts
  • Funding care at home or care home fees

There are different procedures in place for those in Northern Ireland and more information can be obtained from our Member firm at McCartan Turkington Breen

The most important point that we can make is to take advice from one of our specialist firms as soon as possible if you have any related query.

Our member law firms who provide this service

If you’re ready to get in touch with a lawyer and you know which member law firm you would like to speak with then please click on the link below to be taken to their website.

Contact us

We are able to offer legal advice on all matters, from civilian issues to courts martial, calling on our members wealth of experience, in every matter relating to forces life.